Wednesday, February 1, 2012

New Recipes 14, 15, 16, 17 & 18!!!!

No-Bake Rice Krispies Peanut Butter Granola Bars (Lower-Fat)

Son #1 said that these granola bars were the BEST he'd ever had!
Definitely a recipe we plan to do again.

The only changes that we made to the recipe:
More Rice Krispies
used honey
1/4 cup peanut butter & 1/4 cup butter
chopped peanuts


Although, the ENTIRE flock enjoyed these Granola Bars, Mom and Dad especially like these next nuggets of yumminess.

Chocolate No-Bake Energy Bites

(sorry no pictures)
Instead of the sesame seeds, we used popped Amaranth.




Millet Hot Breakfast Delight

In my efforts to include more fiber in my diet, I've been excited about trying new grains. With Whole Foods, Elliott's Natural Foods & the Local Food Co-op not very far away from us, this goal has been getting easier with their Bulk Foods Sections.


I've also wanted this year of 2012 to make a new salad every month.

Here are the links to my first 2 salads of the year:


Mango Quinoa Salad
LOVED THIS SALAD!!
We made this salad for a family party at our home in honor of Grandma & Grandpa B coming home from their LDS Mission to Kenya, Africa.
The party and salad were a success!

Bean Breakfast Salad
We have a massive amount of Great Northern Beans!
This recipe was a uniquely delicious way of adding those beans to our menu for a few days.
(I had to alter this recipe a bit. No Raspberries, but more Strawberries. Used Whole Rye instead of Spelt. Total Omega Swirl was a whopping $26.99, so I bought Flax Oil and added the zest & juice of an orange.)


Lastly, for Christmas Son #2 and I made donuts.
Nothing healthy about these gems!
BUT OH SO SCRUMPTIOUS!



18 New Recipes TRIED!
GOAL COMPLETE!!!!

(10 new salads in the near future)


No comments:

Post a Comment