Never afraid of doing the hard and dirty jobs (Worldwide Service Day)
I have a white bag of delicious yellow plums (mostly gone) sitting on my dining room table from her tree she gave me about a week ago.
Even though she wasn't a fan of them, she knew we'd appreciate a big bag.
We swapped time with kids to get breaks from the craziness of our days.
She took my boys more because her backyard is AMAZING!
We shared carpool for Cub Scouts, Jujitsu, Twilight Camp and this year, we were looking forward to taking our boys to Woodland for Shakespeare Class.
When I've been ill for the past few months, she made homemade bread and jam.
She was an amazing cook.
She just accepted a calling to be my C's primary teacher.
She and I were just discussing two Sundays ago how the lessons for 4-5 year olds can be a bit over their heads at times. Simple concept for us... "letting your light so shine" to be a good example. But what would happen by "putting our light under a box (bushel)"? Well the obvious answer for a 5 year old was... "the bush would catch on fire." We had a good laugh over many of their other ideas.
When my father passed away a few years ago, she was one of the first to come over and drop off a plate of cookies and a note.
She always included me even at times when I felt a little bit of the outsider.
I'd attend play groups when I could and she was my access for a few years to know where the park would be for any given Friday that I could make.
After years of invitations from many to join a Ladies' Book Club that would meet at 8:30 PM after the kids were in bed, I finally attended my first at her home where they were discussing the book, "The Count of Monte Cristo." I've been a diligent member ever since that night in Novemeber 2005. And I just started reading "The Count" earlier this month.
I've enjoyed all our quick visits and the longer ones. So many of the challenges she was facing with her boys, I was facing too and it was wonderful to hear each others' concerns and have feedback.
I've learned so much from her example as a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend and simply a child of God.
I have so many fond memories of this incredibly selfless woman.
I will miss you so much, my friend!
And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will
see you again, and your heart shall rejoice,
and your joy no man taketh
from you.
- John 16:22
Thank you JoAnn, well said! I will miss her too!
ReplyDeleteJoAnn-Kendra was a big part of your life. That was a lovely tribute to her. Did you read my blog post? I will miss her too and I only saw her at Book club the past couple of years!
ReplyDeleteBeautifully written JoAnn, thank you. Kendra was a remarkable perso, I will really miss her friendship.
ReplyDelete