Tuesday, April 21, 2009

English Muffins




I was checking out recipe blogs a couple of months ago and came across what looked like some yummy English muffins. I'm thinking that when you buy these at the grocery store,
they cost between $1 (on a good sale) to about $2.50 for a package of 6. The recipe that I found made 18+ muffins (there is an option to increase or decrease the amount on the website).
With my biscuit cutter, I was able to make 27 with this recipe!

I followed the directions except for the 1 pkg of yeast (I have bulk).
I would like to alter it slightly by replacing the shortening with butter the next time.
Hopefully, it will be just as scrumptious!

Here's the website:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/English-Muffins/Detail.aspx


I love McDonald's Sausage Muffins & Egg Muffins but have an intolerance to pork, so to be able to make my own with Deli Turkey or Chicken Sausage is a treat. Also, our family put butter & honey or butter & jam or peanut butter on these for a great snack.

Anyway, our family says "YUMMY" and to give a try!

1 comment:

  1. These look delicious! I wonder if they could be made with a whole wheat flour to get the fiber content up. I will have to experiment and let you know.

    ReplyDelete